Kissmetrics Blog Guest Posting Process
Thank you for your interest in guest blogging for Kissmetrics!
We’ve created a system to help guide you through the process.
A word about our audience
Our audience consists of readers who work at SaaS and Ecommerce companies. We don’t publish content targeted for solopreneurs, startups, or bloggers. Your guest post simply needs to help our core audience (marketers) in some way.
Also, we don’t like re-hashing the same concepts and ideas over and over again. We’re looking for new ideas, strategies and techniques our readers can use today.
Our favorite type of content
You'll move to the top of our list if you can authoritatively write on the following topics:
1. Conversion Rate Optimization & A/B Testing
2. Customer Acquisition
3. Customer Retention (Churn, LTV, etc)
4. General Analytics (why it's important for marketers, introduction to analytics, other analytics tools, etc)
5. Google Analytics
6. Marketing Stack Integration (Salesforce, any CRM, email, lead automation, etc)
7. Measuring Ads & Campaign Performance (ROI & Attribution)
8. Customer Engagement (using analytics for customer engagement, boosting engagement by measuring user behavior, improving engagement through email and notifications, etc).
We stay away from elementary marketing topics. This includes:
1. How to build and grow a Twitter presence
2. Building engagement on social
3. The basics of email marketing
4. Creating a high-converting landing page
Important - We no longer cover general SEO topics (gaining backlinks, SEO audits, how to get on the front page of Google, etc).
Any big guides on things that have been discussed 50,000+ times on the web won't get our attention. Marketers don't need another Email Marketing Guide (we already have one). They need valuable, actionable data that they can use right away.
Guest posting rules:
1. You can’t advertise your product, business or service within your guest post. This means do not mention your company, or link to it, or link to your company’s blog within the guest post. The point of guest posting is to show that you are a thought leader. Your only goal should be to educate our readers on a topic that helps them out.
2. You may not link to any of your online properties within the main body of your guest post. Our readers WILL pick this up as a subliminal advertisement and simply not like your post. They won’t share it.
3. You may include a bio/signature section at the end of your post.
4. Do not include screenshots that brand your own product or online properties. This is to avoid any sense of promotion.
Are you the person who is going to write the guest post?
What is your MAIN area of expertise? What do you know a lot about? If you have certificates (ie you're Inbound Marketing Certified, Google Analytics Individual Qualification, etc) definitely put them in here.
Please post links to content you have written:
Please submit 3 to 5 headlines that you think Kissmetrics readers would love AND are based around your areas of expertise. Note: Really spend time on this part - this will determine if we get back to you or not.
Which category do any of your headlines fall under?
Conversion Rate Optimization & A/B Testing
Customer Retention (Churn, LTV, etc)
Marketing Stack Integration (Salesforce, any CRM, email, lead automation, etc)
CustomeMeasuring Ads & Campaign Performance (ROI & Attribution)r Engagement
Do Not Fill This Out